Pages

Thursday 5 March 2015

My Best Holiday

Walt: write a recount with focus on expensive words.

My Best Holiday

Last year in January I had the most breathtaking experience. My family and I escaped down to Rotorua for my sisters touch tournament. In my parents car we had my mum, dad, nana, my 3 sisters and myself.

First we bounced in the car and drove to McDonalds. We arrived at McDonalds and had our breakfast. It was very early in the morning so it was extremely fast. Then we got ready to go down. We were all thrilled because we haven't been anywhere else but Auckland. I especially was.

Next we had arrived in Rotorua. We found the place where we were going to stay. I jumped out and got my things out of the car. We then went into our cabin and then I strolled to where my auntie was staying. I quickly got into my swimming togs and bombed in the pool. There was a park, spa, swimming pool and a entertainment room. We got to play pool and other incredible games. The best thing was that there was a McDonalds just across the street.

Then the next day came and we packed our stuff for the tournament. It was very hot but still astonishing. The tournament was tremendously long so I just played with my baby cousin. Once the tournament was finished for the day we headed back to the cabin and I strolled straight to the pool. It was a great finish to end the day.

Soon was the 2nd day of the touch tournament. We traveled back down to the field and watched their games again. It was really cool to watch them play. We went back to our cabin and watched some tv. Then we went to the spa and just relaxed.

On the 3rd day we were going back home. Instead of going back home we went on many adventures. We had played on the luge and had fish and chips. We went into a spinning ball which there was a movie playing. We also went to a museum. There was many old things. Then we went to a park and looked at all the hot mud pools. We then went down to hamilton and had a feed at a restaurant. It was such a stunning day.

We soon arrived home and went straight to bed. It was the most eye-opening trip of my life.




 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Kia Ora Shanelle.
Wow your holiday sounds fun. I have to agree with you we never go anywhere but just stay at Auckland. Well during the holidays we went to Wellington it was an amazing trip. Your trip sounded fun.
Do you want to go back to Rotorua?

Unknown said...

Hi Shanelle,
The story of yours made me so relaxed. I really enjoyed reading your story. It made me have goosebumps all over my skin. Your story sounded really fun because I also had a great time at Wellington just like Camille, but we don't have the same trip. How was your trip at Rotorua?

Post a Comment