Pages

Monday 23 June 2014

Word Problems:Multiplication and Division

Screenshot 2014-06-16 at 09.33.57.png

Walt: solve problems in financial literacy.

In this game I have to build a model to help me find the answer to the question. I was very familiar to making a model because I had done it before. I had to find the total amount of cupcakes that Mr. Nutmeg needs to put into 6 gift boxes. Each box has 12 cupcakes in them. I had to find the product of 12 and 6. The answer was 72. This was very easy for me because I know my 6 times tables. Next I would like to learn more on algebra.

2 comments:

Mr Webb and Room One, Taranaki said...

Shanelle
Thats a great explanation of how to solve that equation. I like how you have provided a screen shot as well and linked it to the learning of your times tables. Thats a great idea for the post as we have just had a test this week where that was one of the questions - you've managed to answer it perfectly.
I will share your post with our class.
Mr Webb and Room One, Auroa Primary School, Taranaki
mrwebbauroa.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Thank you Mr Webb for your lovely comments. It is nice that you are posting comments on my blog. I hope that this post helps your class in financial literacy. I sure will come and visit your blog and post comments on them. Room 11 always says that learning is not a secret.

Post a Comment